Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A bird in my window











You won't believe this..we have been hearing noises early in the morning coming from our master bath. This has been going on for about two months. After one morning that I was actually in the bathroom is when I realized what is was, a bird setting up her nest. She slides by the shutters and makes her way in. When she slides by is when see makes all the noise. I can see her from our side, she turns in circles to make the hole in the middle of the nest. When the window is closed she can't see use. If I try to open the window then she takes off. This is the first time seeing the egg. It appears to be blue. I've decided to start taking pictures of our new found friend. Wish me luck as I am going to try and take a picture of mom too. Let's see if she will stop and pose for the paparazzi...LOL

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... I had a house finch set up a nest in a hanging plant by my front door last spring, and it was so exciting to watch as the eggs hatched, peek in the nest at the little babies who would hold their mouths open everytime I peeked at them looking for food, watching the mama bird tend to them and the male bird come singing for his gal every day until one day they flew away. These are small birds so there were about 4 or 5 tiny eggs.

    Then there was a very large heron that set up a nest way up in the pine tree in my neighbor's yard last spring also. Those were much larger birds, but it was pretty cool watching their progress even if it was at a distance. How exciting for you!! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! I love watchin' birds tendin' their youngun's. I can't wait to see more pictures.
    You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails